University of North Carolina, Asheville
City: Asheville, NC
Length of study: 1 or 2 semesters
Language of instruction: English
- The designated Liberal Arts university within the 17 campus UNC system, UNC Asheville prides itself on small class sizes and award-winning faculty.
- There are approximately 3,900 undergraduates who choose among 30 different majors.
- The scenic 265-acre campus is one mile north of downtown Asheville in the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains. More than one million acres of national parks and forests provide recreational activities from mountain biking and backpacking to white-water adventures.
- Asheville, the largest city in western North Carolina, is known for its mild year-round climate, with moderate winter and summer temperatures tempered by the surrounding mountains.
- Living costs are estimated at $4,373.00 per semester; all incoming students are required to purchase health insurance for $900 USD*.
- *Students must show proof of appropriate insurance coverage (which meets U.S. Department of State's requirements) by the first day of classes or the student will be enrolled in and charged for the mandatory UNC System plan which is approximately $900 USD per semester*.
- Courses suitable for exchange: UNCA Course Descriptions (2016/2017 Catalog)
- Course catalogue: as above
- Credit load: The minimum credit load per semester is 12 US credits. Most courses are 3 or 4 credits each.
- Engineering, some Education classes, and Senior Capstone classes are restricted for incoming exchange students.
- There are also limited courses in Management, Economics, Psychology.
- Students must meet pre-requisites for any courses taken at UNC Asheville.