University at Albany, State University of New York
City: New York City, NY
Length of study: 1 or 2 semesters
Language of instruction: English
- Located in New York's capital city, the University at Albany offers its more than 17,300 students the expansive opportunities of a major research university and an environment designed to foster success.
- The varied perspectives and life experiences of a student body and faculty which represent 48 states and 96 countries provide a diversity that enriches learning at UAlbany.
- The University's location in the state capital of New York provides students with limitless opportunities for internships and public service through which they gain experience, test their skills, and prepare to launch brilliant careers. The region is also a vibrant center for culture and entertainment. Among its attractions are the New York State Museum and Library and the Times Union Center, a major Northeast entertainment and sports venue. Close by are the Berkshires, the Catskills, Saratoga, and the Adirondack Mountains, areas famed for recreational and cultural opportunities.
- University at Albany, SUNY Homepage
- University at Albany, SUNY Incoming Exchange Website
- University at Albany, SUNY Academic Calendar
- Accommodation: SUNY guarantees housing for incoming exchange students through its Department of Residential Life.
- Living costs are estimated at $8,578 USD per semester; incoming students are required to have adequate health insurance.
- Courses suitable for exchange: Currently, only Law and Arts and Humanities students may attend SUNY as exchange students. All courses are available if the students are qualified academically, but some may need the permission of the instructor. The international office works with incoming students regarding their classes when they need assistance. In addition, business school classes are limited and approved on an individual basis. All intended business students have to submit their class intentions and then they have to get pre-approval. Upon arrival for orientation, they will have an appointment with the School of Business.
- University at Albany, SUNY Course Catalog
- Credit load: Full-time students will take 12 credits per semester.
Subject restrictions: Business courses are subject to restrictions for exchange students.