University of Connecticut
City: Mansfield, CT
Length of study: 1 or 2 semesters
Language of instruction: English
About: Ranked among the top 20 public universities in the nation, the University of Connecticut (UConn) enrols approximately 18,000 undergraduate students at its main campus in Storrs. Exchange students study at the main campus in Storrs, which offers state-of-the-art research, living, and recreational facilities in the heart of New England. Campus life includes a vibrant student union, a host of volunteer opportunities and over 400 social, sport, hobby, travel and religious clubs. Incoming exchange students are also eligible to apply for work on campus.
UConn Storrs is located in the rolling hills of north-eastern Connecticut, 3 hours from New York, 1.5 hours from Boston and 1 hour from Providence, Rhode Island. Hartford, the capital of Connecticut, is only 30 minutes from the campus and offers numerous cultural, athletic and social attractions.
- Living costs are estimated at $7,000 USD per semester and all incoming students are required to purchase health insurance for $1,346 USD*.
- The costs for UConn Health Insurance, housing and meal plans increase each year and the costs are not set until April of each year for the following academic year*.
- Course catalogue: UConn Directory of Courses
- Credit load: Students usually take 12 credits, subjects can be worth anywhere between 1-4 credits.
- Fine Arts available on a limited basis; Schools and Colleges of Agriculture & Natural Resources, Engineering, Liberal Arts & Sciences, Business (Business courses are restricted to Business majors only). Nursing, Education, Pharmacy, Law are restricted for exchange students.