North Carolina State University
City: Raleigh, NC
Length of study: 1 or 2 Semesters
Language of instruction:
- North Carolina State University is a pre-eminent research enterprise that excels in science, technology, engineering, math, design, the humanities and social sciences, textiles and veterinary medicine. With more than 34,000 students and nearly 8,000 faculty and staff, NC State University transforms lives and provides leadership for social, economic, and technological development across North Carolina and around the world. Many students and faculty from around the globe call Raleigh, North Carolina home.
- Raleigh, the state's capital city, is consistently ranked as one of the nation's best places to live and work. Approximately 2,200 international students are currently enrolled at NC State, and our international students and faculty represent over 100 countries. Various campus organizations offer unique travel and other opportunities for students attending NC State.
- The university is within two hours of the Atlantic Ocean, and within three hours of the Blue Ridge Mountains. The area offers numerous opportunities for hiking, camping, surfing, boating and various other activities.
- NC State does not guarantee housing for exchange students, General Information on housing options is available online.
- All incoming students are required to purchase mandatory health insurance for $863.50 USD.
- Suitable for exchange:Students can find course descriptions in the NCSU Undergraduate Course Catalog as well as searching using the NCSU Course Search Tool.
- Course catalogue: as above
- Credit load:The minimum course load for exchange students is 12 credit hours (approximately 4 subjects worth 3 'credit hours' each).
- Students must meet the pre-requisite requirements for all subjects that they wish to take whilst on exchange at NCSU.