California State University, Chico
City: Chico, CA
Length of study: 1 or 2 semesters
Language of instruction: English
- With a canopy of mature trees, creeks meandering through town, and charming architecture, Chico is ideal for walking or biking to campus, cruising around town, or exploring this jewel of the North Valley.
- Chico has been named one of the best art cities in the nation and features a rich cultural offering of music, museums, and great dining. At 3,680 acres, nearby Bidwell Park offers countless opportunities for recreation and relaxation.
- Chico is situated only about three hours from Lake Tahoe to the east and San Francisco to the southwest, providing convenient access to other treasures of Northern California.
- Accommodation: Housing is not guaranteed for exchange students, options are available here. All residence halls close during major holidays except: Konkow International House (female only) and University Village. They are highly recommended for that reason.
- The estimated living costs for 1 semester are $7,700 USD. Mandatory health insurance is to be purchased by all incoming students for $300 USD.
- Courses suitable for exchange: All undergraduate fields are open to exchange students except Recording Arts and Nursing.
- CSU Chico Course Catalog
- Credit load:
- Students must undertake 12 units (credits) per semester minimum. 15 is the normal load and 21 is the maximum allowed for undergraduates.
- Typical courses are valued at 3 units each, so a normal load is 5 courses per semester.
Subject restrictions: Recording Arts and Nursing