University of Sheffield
Length of study: 1 or 2 semesters
Language of instruction: English
About: The University of Sheffield is one of the original red brick universities, founded in 1905 as an amalgamation of three smaller institutions. The University is extremely reputable, being a top-100 institution and ranked 16th in the UK for research and teaching. Sheffield stresses independent and innovative thinking and is a leader in academic research and development. Sheffield is a vibrant town that is welcoming of international students and travellers. With around 250 parks, it is the greenest European city, and has been consistently voted top for social life making it an ideal environment to live and study. There are also Scholarships available from the University of Sheffield for exchange students.
- The University of Sheffield guarantees* housing for all exchange students in one of its Accommodation Options.
- Living Costs are estimated around GBP 800 per month, and there are catered and self-catered options with varying room share arrangements.
- The majority of student housing is concentrated to the West of the campus.
- Students who will be commencing their period of exchange in February are guaranteed accommodation for one semester only, and will have to re-apply after the first semester.
- (List suitable for exchange): University of Sheffield Directory of Modules
- Course catalogue: Choosing Your Programme of Study at Sheffield
- Credit load: Students must select 60 Sheffield credits per semester.
- Law and Psychology are closed to exchange students, along with the following: University of Sheffield Restricted Departments for Exchange Students
- Students must choose 100% of their subjects from the academic department to which they are nominated. A full list of conditions can be found via the Choosing Your Modules page on the website.