University of Exeter
City: Exeter, Devon
Length of study: 1 or 2 semesters
Language of instruction: English
About: The University of Exeter was founded in 1851 and has remained an established institution since. Today the university is comprised of three main campuses. The main campus, Streatham, is situated on the edge of Exeter city centre in hundreds of acres of parkland. Exeter has excellent transport links to the rest of the UK and Europe via rail, air and road. Most of Exeter's 20,000 strong student body are undergraduate students who enjoy course flexibility and high quality research, with 82% of Exeter's research rated as world-leading or internationally excellent in the 2014 Research Excellence Framework.
- University of Exeter Homepage
- University of Exeter Exchange Office
- University of Exeter Incoming Exchange Academic Calendar
- Students going on exchange to Exeter will be able to apply for Accommodation at James Owen Court.
- The University guarantees accommodation for full year exchange students, provided they submit their accommodation application before the guarantee deadline.
- There are limited numbers of rooms available and applications will be processed on a 'first come, first served' basis.
- It is estimated that a single student living in Exeter will need approximately GBP 820 per month to meet basic living expenses such as accommodation, food, books and equipment.
- Students may wish to pursue off campus housing, for which they may find Student Pads or Private Housing for Students useful in securing private housing.
- Exchange and Study Abroad students can choose modules from across the Colleges provided that the pre-requisite requirements are satisfied.
- Course catalogue: as above
- Credit load: A full-time undergraduate student is expected to undertake 120 credits per academic year (60 credits per semester). The number of credits and contact hours varies depending on modules.
- Subjects in medicine are not available to exchange students. Some modules have more limited availability than others. Module selection will be finalised on arrival.