The Illawarra and Southern Practice Research Network (ISPRN) is funded by the University of Wollongong's School of Medicine (SOM).
It is our vision to become a centre of excellence for the promotion of research, education and quality improvement in primary health care with a particular focus on the health of regional, rural and remote populations.
ISPRN aims to support research and quality improvement in primary care by:
- Developing a vibrant community of practice in primary care research supported by the School of Medicine at the University of Wollongong.
- Actively pursuing internal and external grant funding opportunities.
- Effective dissemination of network research findings. This includes direct feedback to practices and stakeholders, conference presentations, workshops, journal publications and incorporation into undergraduate and post-graduate teaching.
Our areas of focus are:
- Quality improvement projects
- Translation into practice
- The implementation of evidence-based research