Other funding opportunities
Fulbright Future Scholarships
An Information Session with Dr Pablo Jimenez from the Fulbright Commission will be held at UOW for Fulbright Scholarships in health, science, innovation, business or technology, currently available to students, postdocs and professional researchers. The Australian-American Fulbright Commission offers Scholarships to Australian citizens across all career stages. Awardees take part in a bilateral academic and cultural exchange, pursuing research or study, and experiencing life in the USA, and bringing back their knowledge and experience to share with their communities in Australia. More Information
NUW Alliance- 2019 Projects
UOW, the University of Newcastle and University of NSW formed the NUW Alliance in July 2017, recognising the collaborative power of their shared experience, global reach and excellence in innovation to address major challenges facing NSW.
The NUW Alliance has a substantial work program underway. The call for 2019 projects has now commenced. This is a two-stage process; an initial one page expressions of interest (EoI) stage, followed by a more detailed second stage. Successful EoI applicants will be invited to submit a more detailed proposal in early 2019.
AFAANZ- Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand 2018-2019 Research Grants Program
This round of funding will focus on quality projects that address or respond to contemporary and future challenges to, and/or have implications for, accounting and finance practice, policy and/or the professions. More information.
CSHST- Coal Services Health & Safety Trust 2019 Research Grants
Formed in 1991, The Coal Services Health & Safety Trust supports the Australian coal mining industry by funding projects and research that will have a positive effect on the health and safety of coal mine workers, operators and the wider mining community. A three-stage application process is in place for Health and Safety Trust Grants. The Trust is now calling for Stage 1 Expressions of Interest.
The Health and Safety Trust is more committed than ever to assisting the coal and associated industries improve their occupational health and safety. The Trust’s primary focus is to fund research which provides tangible outcomes with proven occupational impact. More information.
ACARP- 2019 Australian Coal Association Research Program
ACARP is a collaborative program that utilises the experience and technical strength of both the coal mining industry and research institutions in solving technical problems and addressing issues of significance to the industry’s long term future.
ACARP will fund projects that lead to improvements in safety standards and performance, a reduction in the environmental impacts of mining and coal utilisation, a reduction in mine operating costs, and technical support for marketing of coal. More information.
Baosteel-Australia Joint Research and Development Centre (BAJC) Research and Development Fund 2019
The BAJC Research and Development Fund is now open for Expressions of Interest (EOIs). The BAJC is a joint venture between Baosteel and five Australian Universities, including UOW.
BAJC provides funding support for joint research projects that develop innovative and applied technologies that deliver commercial and environmental benefits. More information
- Al and Val Rosenstrauss Research Fellowship - (Rebecca L. Cooper Medical Foundation)
- Australian Catholic University Titular Fellowships
- Australian Catholic University Early Career Academic Grants
- Australia-China Young Scientist Exchange Program (YSEP)
- Australia-China Science and Research Fund (ACSRF) Joint Research Centres (JRCs)
- Australian Coal Association Research Program
- Australian Egg Corporation Limited (AECL)
- Australia-Germany Joint Research Scheme
- Australia-Harvard Fellowships
- Betty Laidlaw MND Research Prize
- Conference Sponsorship Program
- Dementia Grants Program Round 2: Project Grants and Training Fellowships
- Department of Planning and Environment - Coal Innovation NSW Fund
- Diabetes Australia Research Grants
- Endeavour Foundation Endowment Challenge Fund
- FACS Carers Investment Program
- Heart Foundation Future Leader Fellowships
- Heart Foundation Postdoctoral Fellowships
- Heart Foundation Vanguard Grants
- Ian Potter Foundation Grant Applications for Community Wellbeing, Education & Science
- Ian Potter Foundation Grant Applications for Conference, Medical Research & Travel
- Microba: Microbiome Research Grant
- MRFF Low Survival Cancers and Diseases
- MRFF Rare Cancers, Rare Diseases and Unmet Need Grant Opportunity
- NSW Environment Protection Authority / NSW Environmental Trust
- NSW Environmental Trust Research Program.
- NSW Health Early-Mid Career Fellowships
- Water Pilot Technology Program