The University has an obligation, to ensure that the contractors it engages, comply with all relevant legislative requirements, with regards to workplace health and safety (WHS). As such, the contractor management system, SitePass, is the system used to register, verify and approve contractors' WHS management systems.
- Q. Do all contractors need to be registered on the system?
If a contractor is performing minor works and/or if it is a one off job then they do not need to be registered on site-pass. For more information refer to the Contractor WHS Guidelines.
- Q. How do contractors register on the system?
In order to register for SitePass, contractors need to look at:
- Contractor Registration Preparation Checklist - review this checklist first before starting your registration. It will assist you by outlining all the relevant information required to successfully register on SitePass.
- Contractor Registration Process documents outline the steps to be taken for registration onto SitePass.
- Employee Registration Process documents outline the steps to be taken for registration onto SitePass.
Documentation that outlines these requirements in greater detail include:
- Contractor Registration Procedure
- Contractor SitePass Maintenance Guidelines
- Contractor Management System FAQ's
- Webcam Operating Procedure - Only valid when using the Yawcam software
- Q. What is the online contractor management system, SitePass?
The University’s online contractor management system, SitePass, is web-based interface for the registration and monitoring of contractors. The system will confidentially store all the university’s contractor’s relevant documentation such as licences, insurances, safe work method statements, business details etc. The system will monitor the status of these documents to ensure that they remain current and will notify the contractor when an insurance policy or licence is due for renewal.
- Contractor WHS Guidelines [pdf]
- UOW Contractor Induction Guide [pdf]
- Contractor WHS Induction Checklist [pdf]
- Contractor WHS Management Checklist [pdf]
- Contractor Safe Work Method Statement [pdf]
- WHS Performance Report for Contractors [pdf]
- Communication of WHS Requirements Letter for Contractors [pdf]
- WHS Management Plan Template [pdf]
- SitePass Help Desk - 1300 89 89 76
Further information for contractors can be found at our Contractor resources page.
Contact us if you have any questions