How is this program run?
This program is running online and in-person.
What will I do?
Peer Success Coaches use evidence based coaching skills to support UOW students who have been identified as facing challenges with their studies.
The Peer Success Coaching Program provides tailored coaching conversations that focus on implementing strategies that enable students to achieve their personal success.
Coaches can assist students with time management, motivation, effective study strategies, managing expectations and finding a healthy work-life balance. Peer Success Coaches do not offer academic or counselling support but will refer students to internal support services.
How will I benefit?
Peer coaches receive initial and ongoing training to conduct conversations with students. You will also:
- Develop your leadership skills
- Improve your own self-care awareness and skills
- Enhance your interpersonal skills
- Advance your communication skills such as active and reflective listening
- Improve your problem solving skills
How do I apply?
Please submit your application via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Are there any special requirements for this role?
Peer Success Coaches:
- Need to be enrolled in second or third year.
- Students who have been able to overcome significant challenges to do well in their studies are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Must have access to a laptop/computer and high speed internet and be comfortable in the use of online technologies to facilitate online coaching.
- Must have a genuine interest in developing coaching skills and engaging in reflective practice.
- Must have the ability to prioritise tasks, manage time effectively and apply problem solving skills.
- Must be competent working independently and as part of a team.
- Must have strong communication skills and genuine enthusiasm for engaging with a diverse cohort of students, listening to their narratives and working alongside them to identify solutions to achieve their personal success.
- Mature-aged students also strongly encouraged to apply.
Minimum requirements for UOWx recognition
To receive UOWx Recognition, you must complete the following:
- An "engaged" student will need to be complete 20 hours over a calendar year
- A "highly engaged" student will need to complete 80 hours over a calendar year
For further information
For more information, please email email@example.com
|Where?||When?||Time commitment||Type||Learning Streams|
||6 hours per week||