Clinical experience - paid employment

Paid employment or close personal relationships of students within Host Organisation, in which the student has/may or is undertaking clinical placement

  • If you have a current / previous employment engagement or personal relationship with a Host organisation where you have been or may be assigned for clinical placement, you will be required to declare this relationship during the allocation process for each Phase. You can do this by emailing the GSM Head of Students at
  • We acknowledge that many GSM students work in Host Organisations. We envisage that it will only be in exceptional circumstances that the GSM may amend placements in a particular Host Organisation. In line with University policy should such a situation arise, students have the right to appeal the academic decision.

Please also read in conjunction with ‘Remuneration of Students' from UOW’s Code of Practice: Work Integrated Learning (Professional Experience)