Aboriginal Advisory Committee
The UOW Aboriginal Advisory Committee is a formally constituted committee which is advisory to the University and the Vice-Chancellor with particular responsibility for providing detailed reviews and recommendations pertaining to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander matters at and within the University.
The role of UOW Aboriginal Advisory Committee is to:
- Continually support the strategic direction of UOW with respect to the advancement of matters relating to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students, staff culture and cultural representation, and communities.
- Support and advise the Vice-Chancellor, Senior Executive and UOW staff in making decisions in a culturally appropriate, respectful and informed manner in relation to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander matters.
- Act as an open and consultative regulatory body for UOW in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander matters.
- Act as a conduit of information and cultural expertise.
- Consider input and feedback from the UOW Aboriginal Advisory Group to inform recommendations made to the Vice-Chancellor and the University.
- Present an annual report to the Vice-Chancellor detailing information collected and actions of the UOW Aboriginal Advisory Committee.
Current UOW Aboriginal Advisory Committee members:
- Mrs Jaymee Beveridge, Chair and Executive Director (Indigenous Strategy)
- Ms Nadia Neal, Lecturer, School of Health and Society
- Mr Jade Kennedy, Lecturer, Indigenous Knowledges
- Mr Joel Keen, Associate Lecturer, Woolyunguh Indigenous Centre
Contact: Leann Hartley
Position: Executive Officer, Administration Officer to the Executive Director (Indigenous Strategy)
Phone: 4221 3942