University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
City: Chapel Hill, NC
Length of study: 1 or 2 semesters
Language of instruction: English
- Carolina's vibrant people and programs attest to the University's long-standing place among leaders in higher education since it was chartered in 1789 and opened its doors for students in 1795 as the nation's first public university.
- Situated in the beautiful college town of Chapel Hill, N.C., UNC has earned a reputation as one of the best universities in the world.
- Carolina prides itself on a strong, diverse student body, academic opportunities not found anywhere else, and a value unmatched by any public university in the nation.
- Accommodation: Students are welcome to apply for On-Campus Housing; however, a place is not guaranteed.
- Living costs are estimated to be $7,925 USD per semester; incoming students are required to purchase university health insurance for $900.00 USD.
- Courses suitable for exchange: Incoming exchange students are allowed to enrol in any course within the College of Arts and Sciences.
- UNC Chapel Hill Schedule of Classes
- Credit load:
- The minimum course load is 12 credits or 4 courses that total 12 credits per semester.
- Subjects are usually worth 3 credit points each.
Subject restrictions: Courses in the professional schools such as Business, Journalism, Public Health, Government, Social Work, Pharmacy, Nursing, Medicine, and Law are not available to exchange students.
- All exchange students must apply for an F1 visa to attend UNC Chapel Hill. An official transcript will be send to the home university approximately 45 days after the end of the student's enrolment term.
- All exchange students are charged a one-time $100 Study Abroad fee after classes begin their first term of enrolment.