Length of study: 1 or 2 semesters
Language of instruction: Swedish (classes available in English)
About: Umea University offers programmes in a wide range of academic fields including science and technology, social sciences, business, health and medicine, and the arts. Umea is a clean and green city in Northern Europe, where people and businesses respect the beautiful northern landscape and really care about protecting the environment. Summer running tracks become cross-country skiing tracks in Winter around Umea, where temperatures can fall as low as -20 degrees. Students enjoy state of the art indoor sporting facilities that operate year round.
- Umea University accommodation is available as self-catered Halls close by the University. Prices range from SEK 12,000-18,000 per semester depending on the area.
- Private housing arrangements can also be organised.
- Living costs: close to SEK 7,500 per month.
- Courses taught in English
- Credit load: Full-time study consists of 30 ECTS per semester (approx. 40 hours of study per week). Most courses consist of 7.5, 15, or 30 ECTS.
- Students must fulfil the requirements of the course to be accepted. These are states under the course descriptions. Course descriptions can be found via the online course catalogue listed above.
- Students should not apply for several full-time (and day-time) courses that run during the same weeks because there may be a clash of schedules. It is important to check the “Application information” on the individual course page to find out the duration and tempo of the course.