Centre for Health and Social Analytics (CHSA) is led by Professor Alberto Nettel-Aguirre, it contributes to the University’s Health and Wellbeing Strategy and the Data and Decision Science Framework.
Centre for Health and Social Analytics
Director: Professor Alberto Nettel-Aguirre
Phone: +61 2 42215852
Location: Building 39C Room 267
The CHSA is being established as a centre within the National Institute for Applied Statistics Research Australia (NIASRA) with the aim of significantly increasing the University's capacity, capabilities, focus and performance in health, medical and social research. CHSA will have a focus on the acquisition, management, analysis, dissemination and interpretation of large and complex data sets. CHSA’s director has expertise in and focus on the use of Biostatistics and Data Science in health research.
CHSA’s portfolio will cover highly collaborative enterprises and projects in health research aligning with UOW’s health and wellbeing strategy; including development of modern biostatistical/data science methods and capacity building short courses.
The aim of CHSA is to ensure that correct use of Biostatistical and data science methods in health research, while making substantial contributions to all steps of health research methods, including data collection, measurement and analysis with a focus on translation.
Major research projects
- Community Health And Rural/Regional Medicine Project (CHARM) (UOW)
- CHild Active-transportation Safety and the Environment (CHASE)
- CHILDNEPH- A national (Canadian) initiative to improve care and outcomes for patients with nephrotic syndrome.
- SOM Research Advisory Group (UOW)
- Trends In Oxygen Saturation In Healthy Term Infants In The First Few Days Of Life: The "TOST" Study