The event is divided into three blocks:
Block 1 (1 hour) – Guest speakers
- The United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) - Prof Jennifer Martin (Deputy Vice-Chancellor Research and Innovation, University of Wollongong - UOW)
- How to write a successful grant application to address SDGs - Lia Sherwood (Research Development and Impact Manager, UOW)
- Ways to collaborate - teaching focused (Australia perspective) - Prof Belinda Gibbons (Deputy Associate Dean Education, UOW).
- Ways to collaborate - teaching focused (Brazil perspective)- Prof Vera Lúcia Arantes (Tenure Professor Escola de Engenharia de São Carlos, University of São Paulo - USP)
Block 2 (50 min) – Networking
Block 2 will have two networking sessions, each held for 25 min. There will be five breakout rooms with each focusing on an SDG. Participants will have the opportunity to discuss their research and teaching interests related to the SDG and meet potential collaborators. After the first session, you may either swap rooms, or stay in the same room to develop the conversation deeper.
The available breakout rooms are:
- SDG 5 – Gender equality with Prof. Talita Martins Lacerda (USP)
- SDG 6 – Clean water and sanitisation with Moderator TBC
- SDG 7 – Affordable and clean energy with Prof. Maria Cristina (UNICAMP)
- SDG 9 – Industry, innovation, and infrastructure with Dr Leela Kempton (UOW)
- SDG 11 – Sustainable cities and communities with Prof. Pascal Perez (UOW)
Block 3 (20min) - Wrap Up
Overview from moderators