Now that you are wrapping up your studies for 2020, come along to our International Students Summer Job Series and get the skills and knowledge you need to find a job for the summer break and 2021.
We will be concentrating on the practical things you can do today to find employment and plan the next steps in your career, while making sure you know your rights and responsibilities in the Australian workplace, how to write competitive applications and be interview ready.
Get ready to get paid, build skills and make lots of new contacts. Register your spot today!
- Domestic students are welcome to attend however, some of the content of these workshops is tailored for international students.
- You may have previously attended some of the workshops offered in this series. The content is very similar and you are welcome to register again.
Workshop 5, How to: Ace your job interview:
The pressure to make a great first impression has never been so high, with many hiring managers stating they knew they had found the right candidate in the first few minutes of an interview.
Learn how to:
- Prepare for your interview – know what to do before, during and after
- Answer common interview questions and respond to behavioural questions using the STAR technique
- Manage your nerves and make a lasting impression
This workshop is recognised by Jobs off Campus and UOWx.
Check out the other workshops as part of the International Students Summer Job Series and register to as many as you like. We hope to see you there!
Tuesday 8 December:
- Workshop 1 - How to: Plan your career and find work in a competitive job market – midday
- Workshop 2 - Know Your rights at work in Australia – 1.15 pm
- Workshop 3 - How to find casual work in Australia – 2.30 pm
Thursday 10 December:
- Workshop 4 - How to: Write an Australian resume - midday
- Workshop 6 - How to: Make the most of LinkedIn in your job search – 2.30 pm