The University of Wollongong is offering three online modules in gifted education.
The third module in the series is:
MODULE 3: TEACHING GIFTED LEARNERS FROM MINORITY GROUPS
As a result of completing this Module participants will:
• Understand the needs of gifted students from minority groups e.g. low SES, NESB, special needs
• Develop knowledge of alternative forms of identification, assessment and curriculum design and delivery for gifted student from minority groups
Other modules include:
- MODULE 1: UNDERSTANDING GIFTED LEARNERS
- MODULE 2: TEACHING GIFTED LEARNERS
This course equates to twelve (12) hours of accredited professional learning. The three modules are stand-alone modules and it is not necessary for participants to complete all three. The modules will be delivered consecutively. Successful completion of all three modules enables participants to apply for academic credit equivalent to one gifted
education subject in the Master of Education at the University of Wollongong.
The cost is $300.00 per module. Register via the links below:
- Module 1: Understanding Gifted Learners
- Module 2: Teaching Gifted Learners
- Module 3: Teaching Gifted Learners from Minority Groups
Registration close dates for each module are outlined below.
- Module 1: 6 April - 20 April 2020. Register by 25 March
- Module 2: 4 May - 25 May 2020. Register by 22 April
- Module 3: 1 June - 15 June 2020. Register by 20 May
For more information, please contact the University of Wollongong via email at: email@example.com.