The aim of the symposium is to explore the salience of non-humans to the lives and health of human individuals and communities, and challenges the distinction between social and physical environments.
We have a fantastic line up of speakers:
- Evelyne de Leeuw (UNSW, SWSLHD) - Airports as (healthy...?) ecosystems
- Viki Brookes (Charles Sturt University) - Free-roaming community dogs in Northern Australia
- Cameron Webb (University of Sydney, NSW Health Pathology) - Managing mosquitoes through strategic urban planning
- Emma Power (Western Sydney University) - Housing: a critical care infrastructure
- Cheryl Travers (University of Wollongong) - Responsibility for companion animals in natural disasters
- Melanie Rock (University of Calgary, Canada) - Healthy publics as multi-species matters
The Symposium is free, but registration is essential and places are limited.