Our Environmental Sustainability policy framework is currently being reviewed.
Current environmental policy and plans
Environmental Policy (PDF)
The following plan is under review:
A number of detailed action plans have also been prepared:
- Carbon Management and Climate Adaptation and Resilience Action Plan (2022-2024) (PDF)
- Water Management Action Plan (2022-2024) (PDF)
- Waste Action Plan 2022 - 2024(PDF)
- Transport and Access Action Plan 2022-2024 (PDF)
- Environmental Awareness and Engagement Action Plan 2022-2024 (PDF)
- Wollongong Campus Biodiversity Action Plan 2020-2021 (PDF) and Flora and Fauna of the Wollongong Campus (PDF)
Refer to our progress for information on what we have achieved.
Pesticide Notification Plan
The Pesticide Notification Plan informs the community about pesticide use at University of Wollongong public places and has been prepared to meet the requirements of the Pesticides Regulation 2017 (NSW).
The current plan is due for review and a revised draft is available for comment until 12 June 2023.
Refer to the Pesticide Notification Plan for details about the current plan and revised draft.
Other reference documents (only available to UOW staff)
- The Environmental Management Manual (PDF) defines the roles and responsibilities required to minimise UOW’s potential impacts on the physical environment.
envirolaw provides information on environmental legal requirements (e.g. Australian Standards, government reports and legislation) to assist in managing environmental aspects of our activities. This resource is available to all UOW employees.