Follow these tips to protect your personal property while on campus:
- Ensure you have marked and labelled your belongings for easy identification.
- Keep model and serial numbers (where applicable) recorded, and take photographs of valuable items. Lock items (including unattended offices).
- Do not leave wallets, purses, bags, mobile phones, cameras and laptops unattended.
- Ensure you retrieve your USB when using a shared computer.
- Found property should be handed into Security, including textbooks and USBs found in the library. USBs are retained for six weeks and then destroyed.
- If you have lost property report it to Security.
Vehicle and carpark safety
- Carpark access is available to registered UbiPark (App) users and UOW invited guests via the intercom
- The intercom is serviced 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Carpark users must only park in Liverpool Campus’ UOW marked spaces
- The carpark’s roller door
- closes at 7pm and reopen at 7am on business days
- remains closed at weekends and on public holidays although car park access is available to registered UbiPark App users 24/7
- CCTV camera is installed at the car park entrance/exit only
- Ensure you lock your vehicle, and take any valuables with you.
- If you must leave any valuables, hide them from view.
- When returning to your vehicle, carry your keys in your hand, and look inside your vehicle before entering to ensure no one is concealed inside.
- Carry your bag in a way that prevents bag snatchers from getting your bag, in a way that won’t cause you injury if you are attacked.
- If you see anyone acting suspiciously, contact UOW Security as soon as possible.
Campuses can experience bike theft. To reduce the risk of bike theft:
- Secure your bike to a bike rack, using a good quality tamper proof or bolt cutter resistant lock (e.g. a D Bolt or U shaped lock). It is preferable if part of the frame is locked to the rack (also lock the wheels if possible).
- Do not leave accessories with the bike.
- Record the frame number and/or engrave driver’s licence details or use other identifying marks. Keep a list of these details.
- Keep a record of the sales docket.
At UOW Liverpool, there is a five-bay shared bike hanger located within the car park near the entrance of the car park.
Please note that while the University cannot accept responsibility for items lost or stolen from the bike bases, there are security CCTV cameras in place and card access to the rooms can be traced to the cardholder.
Download the Tips for bike security brochure [pdf]