Five reasons to study postgrad at UOW in 2023 

There’s never been a better time to advance your career 

Did you set yourself an ambitious New Year's resolution you didn't get around to?

The year isn't over yet! Did you know University of Wollongong (UOW) postgraduate courses have mid-year entry? What better time to make a start on your next qualification than winter.

See the top five reasons you should take the plunge and enrol in postgraduate study at UOW.

1. UOW is one of the best 

Not only is the UOW one of the top 200 universities in the world (and tenth in Australia) UOW consistently scores five stars across a range of criteria for its postgraduate programs, including student support, learner engagement and skills development.  

In the 2023 QILT Survey, UOW was ranked the number two university in NSW for learner engagement.

UOW’s Sydney Business School is a Tier One business school, accredited by AASCB as among the top five per cent of business schools in the world. 

2. Tailored to you 

UOW offers a range of different postgraduate study options. Choose from a range of coursework degrees, including master’s (up to two years full-time), graduate certificate (one year full-time), or graduate diploma (six months full-time), in anything from cyber security to education.  

Or you can challenge yourself to become an expert in your field with a research degree such as a PhD.

3. Enjoy a subsidised degree 

At UOW, many postgraduate degrees offer Commonwealth Supported Places (CSPs), so you can get your qualification at a discounted price.  

CSPs are available for eligible domestic students, where the Australian government will cover up to 75 per cent of selected course fees. The remaining 25 per cent can be deferred and repaid via a HECS-HELP loan. 

4. Study at your own pace, in your own place 

UOW offers flexible study options, including part-time or full-time loads as well as in-person or online classes.  

You can choose to study at UOW’s main campus in Wollongong, the Sydney campuses in Circular Quay, or completely online, depending on your course.

5. Experience the essence of Wollongong 

If you do choose to study at the Wollongong campus, you’ll understand why Wollongong is such a sought-after student city.  

Close enough to Sydney to feel connected and small enough to feel like home, Wollongong is the perfect balance between the city and coastal lifestyles.  

The free shuttle bus between UOW, the CBD and inner suburbs means transport is easy. Plus, the cost of living is enviable compared to larger Australian cities.  

UOW also offers a range of accommodation and moving support services for you to move to Wollongong solo, with a partner, and even with family.  


Study a postraduate degree in 2023