SMP - OnLine Tutorial System
Logon to SOLS and click on Tutorial Enrolment (which appears as a link under MAIN MENU).
If you receive the following message when you click on the Tutorial enrolment link:
The subjects that you are enrolled in aren't currently setup to use the SMP OnLine Tutorial System.
Tutorial Enrolments generally don't open until a couple of weeks before session starts
Check that you are enrolled in the correct instance of the subject. It is possible that the Faculty hasn't yet setup the groups. You will only see a link to the subject on the SOLS Tutorial Enrolment page once the Groups have been setup. It is also possible that other arrangements have been made for tutorial enrolment for this subject, please contact the Faculty/Department for details.
To view other tutorial enrolment links click on the "Tutorials & Practical Preferences" link from the SOLS main login page.
Enrolling in Tutorial/Practical groups using the SOLS Tutorial Enrolment Link:
1) On the Tutorial/Practical Enrolment Screen, Click on the Tutorial Link for the subject - The link may appear as 'Tutorial', 'Practical', 'Seminar', 'Workshop' 'Laboratory' or 'Pass' etc.
In the example above, for the first subject, the student is required to enrol in a Tutorial Group and a Workshop Group.
Students are only permitted to enrol in one timeslot for each type of group.
2) Once you click on a group link, the Tutorial Enrolment Timetable will appear showing the Tutorial groups that are available.
The Tutorial Enrolment Dates (First Day/Time to Enrol and Last Day/Time to Enrol) are displayed at the top of the screen.
3) On the Tutorial Enrolment Timetable, Click on the Tutorial Group you would like to enrol in. If a group meets more than once a week, when you click to enrol in the group, you will automatically be enrolled in the other instances of that group.
If the Tutorial Group is highlighted in:
Pink - The groups is full - the Quota has been reached
Green - Enrolment is not open, it's either before the First Day/Time to Enrol, or after the Last Day/Time to enrol
Purple - Tutorial Groups that you are currently enrolled in - Your Current Commitments
Yellow - Enrolment is open and this group is available
4) Once you click on a Group to enrol, the Tutorial Enrolment Confirmation screen will appear. Click 'Enrol Now' to Enrol in the Tutorial.
5) You will be returned to the Practical/Tutorial Enrolment Screen and a message will appear on the screen that 'You have successfully enrolled in your Tutorial'
Details will also appear on the Tutorial/Practical Enrolment screen showing that you're enrolled eg ABCD123 (enrolled - view details, transfer or withdraw)
6) If you wish to change to another Tutorial Group, you may Transfer from the Tutorial Group you are currently enrolled in, to another group. You may only Transfer between groups while Tutorial enrolments are still open for the groups.
7) If the Tutorial Group is FULL, it will be highlighted in PINK on the Tutorial Enrolment Timetable. If you click on the link for a Tutorial that is full, you will receive a message ' Warning: This Tutorial is Full'
8) Show my Timetable - Students may click on the 'Show My Timetable' option that appears on the main Tutorial Enrolment screen to view all the Tutorial Groups that they are currently enrolled in (This link only shows tutorial groups, it does not include Lecture information)
If groups have not been set up yet, if you need assistance with enrolling in a tutorial group or if the tutorial group is full, please contact the Department or Faculty to discuss.
|Staff in the Faculty/Department are responsible for setting up the Tutorial Groups.|
If you have a question regarding opening times for groups or if there are no tutorial groups currently setup, please contact the Faculty/Department. If you require system support to enrol in a tutorial group that is currently setup on the SMP OnLine Tutorial System, please email SMP Support or contact SMP Support on 4221 5983 or 4221 5423.