The new UOWmail service provides advanced online communications and collaboration for students of the University.
UOWmail provides students with access to UOW supported core email and calendar functions along with a range of Microsoft supported optional tools to deliver a quality email service.
The UOW supported core mail & calendar function includes
- Email and calendar functions with a large storage size for email (10GB for Outlook Live)
- A lifetime email account that stays active beyond graduation from the University of Wollongong
- Access using your current UOW user account credentials, username & password.
- Same password as UOW user account
- A 20MB email attachment size. Note: Although Microsoft Live@edu allows attachments of 20MB, the current UOW mail gateway is limited to 10MB. Care needs to be taken when sending large attachments, as many users and organisations, including UOW, are unable to accept large attachments.
- Rich calendaring functions including shared calendaring
- Connection anywhere with online access on any web-enabled device
- Access to the email account with a desktop client such as Outlook, Entourage & Thunderbird
- Native browser support for Apple, Linux, & Windows (Safari, Firefox & IE)
- Support for IMAP4 and POP3 email connections
- 25 GB of password protected online storage and file sharing
As well as the supported core email and calendar functions, UOWmail will also provides access to a range of optional tools including: