Apply for a Student Visa
All international students require a student visa to study at the University of Wollongong (UOW). This must be obtained before travelling to Australia.
Visa application process
UOW has been approved as an eligible institution to participate in the Australian Government's new Streamlined Visa Processing (SVP) system which starts 24 March 2012. Applying for a visa to study at UOW will now be a much simpler and quicker process. You may find that it will be helpful to have an in-country UOW representative assist you in the visa application process: for your closest representative, please contact UniAdvice.
To apply for a student visa, you will need:
- A valid passport
- Your electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCOE)
- Any other documentation required by the Australian Diplomatic Post
Your nearest Australian Embassy, Consulate or High Commission will be able to advise you about visa processing times, how to apply and whether you need to undergo health checks or provide chest x-rays.
If you are granted a student visa, you must abide by certain conditions including (but not limited to):
- Full-time study
- Satisfactory academic progress
- Maintaining approved Overseas Student Health Cover
- Remaining with UOW for at least six months, or the duration of the course if shorter than six months
- Notifying UOW of your address in Australia and any subsequent change of address within seven days.
The Department of Immigration and Multicultural Affairs has comprehensive information about student visa requirements and application procedures.