Applications for Postgraduate Coursework
Please follow the steps below for your postgraduate coursework application, and do not hesitate to contact Future Students if you have any questions.
Complete your postgraduate coursework application easily from anywhere in the world. You can save your application at any point and come back to complete it later. You must attach supporting documentation of your academic qualifications. Apply Online.
You can also post your postgraduate coursework application. You can print a form or obtain one from UOW Future Students. The application form provides information regarding the documents you will need to supply. Applications must be submitted to UOW Future Students for assessment. Apply online or Download the Application Form.
Application closing dates
|Session/Trimester||Start Date||Applications Close|
Trimester 2, 2017
Trimester 3, 2017
15 May 2017
24 July 2017
21 Aug 2017
1 May 2017
30 June 2017
7 Aug 2017
Late applications may be considered where there are places available.
* Not all courses have a mid-year intake; please refer to CourseFinder for further information.
** The following programs have alternative closing dates:
Master of Clinical Exercise Physiology, Master of Nutrition & Dietetics
Master of Professional Psychology, Master of Psychology (Clinical), Doctor of Philosophy (Clinical Psychology)
Master of Teaching, Medicine and Health postgraduate coursework degrees not listed above
Please refer to the 'Key dates' tab in Course Finder for your chosen course to find information about when you will receive advice on the outcome of your application.
Additional entry requirements
Your desired program may have additional entry requirements. Please check Coursefinder and ensure all criteria are met before submitting your application. Please refer to the special requirements page for more information for the following courses:
- Doctor of Business Administration
- Master of Business Administration/Master of Business Administration Advanced
- Master of Business Coaching
- Master of Professional Psychology
- Master of Teaching
- All Creative Arts degrees
- Nutrition & Dietetics/Exercise Science/Rehabilitation/some Nursing degrees
You will be required to submit supporting documentation with your application.
Original or certified copies of academic records, mark sheets or transcripts for studies previously undertaken must be provided at the time of application (either in hard copy or electronically). Certified English translations are also required for documents in another language. The transcript must show all subjects undertaken, grades and stages reached or qualifications gained.
For domestic applicants, a photocopied document must be certified as a true copy of the original by:
- An authorised officer in the admissions office at any tertiary institution
- A member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia or the Australian Society of Certified Practicing Accountants, or the National Institute of Accountants or the Association of Taxation and Management Accountants or Registered Tax Agents
- A bank branch manager (not in a bank travel centre)
- A barrister, solicitor or patent attorney
- A police officer of the rank of sergeant or above
- A post office manager
- A principal of an Australian high or primary school; or
- A justice of the peace
The person certifying the photocopies must:
- Write on the copy: “This appears to be a true copy of the original document sighted by me”, and
- Sign the document and print your name, address, telephone number, profession/occupation, date verified; and
- Affix the official stamp or seal of the verifier’s organisation on the copy, if the organisation has such a stamp.
English language requirements
If you are a domestic student and English is not your first language, you will be required to provide evidence of satisfying the English language requirements listed on the UOW International Student website.
If you have completed an academic qualification entirely in English within the past two years in a country where English is the official language, you may already meet the requirements.