Undergraduate Scholarships For International Students
Undergraduate Excellence Scholarships (UES)
The UES offers a 25% reduction of the international tuition fee for the duration of the course, up to a maximum of 4 years.
There is no limit to the number of UES available – as long as you meet the academic criteria, you will automatically be awarded the scholarship along with your offer of admission:
You may be eligible if you have excellent results in one of the following categories:
- Australian Year 12 or equivalent international secondary school qualification;
- Foundation Studies programs approved for direct admission to Bachelor degrees and offered at an institution recognised by UOW;
- Diploma or other academic pathway program approved for admission with credit exemption from an institution with which UOW has a formal agreement;
- Up to one year of study in a Bachelor degree at a recognised University, where there is no credit exemption awarded to study at UOW.
The UES is available to students enrolling in Bachelor degrees at UOW (Australian campuses only) except for the following: Medicine & Surgery; Nursing; Science (Nutrition or Exercise Science); Nutrition & Dietetics; Exercise Science & Rehabilitation; Social Work; and Psychology (all degrees).
FACULTY MERIT SCHOLARSHIPS (FMS)
This scholarship provides a further 25% reduction of the international tuition fees bringing the total scholarship value to 50% off the tuition fee when offered in combination with the UES.
The Faculty Merit Scholarships are for those with outstanding results, in the same categories outlined above for the UES, and applying for the following Bachelor degrees at UOW (Australian campuses only):
- Accounting & Financial Services*;
- Arts; Creative Arts; Performance; Journalism
- Banking & Financial Services*
- Business Information Systems
- Commerce; Economics & Finance
- Communication & Media Studies; Digital Media
- Computer Science; Information Technology;
- International Studies
- Law (single degrees)
- Mathematics; Mathematics & Finance; Medical Mathematics
- Medical Radiation Physics
- Science (Materials, Nuclear Science & Technology, Physics)
* Offered at the Sydney Business School, Sydney
UOW International Academic Merit Scholarship recipients have the opportunity to pursue work placements and internships. Engineering students have guaranteed vacation work at the end of their third year to ensure they meet Engineering Australia accreditation requirements.
Scholarship recipients may be offered the option to enrol in an advanced program; these include the Dean’s Scholar, Advanced Degrees and the Engineering (Scholar) programs, which offer the following additional benefits:
- $500 textbook allowance per year
- Pairing with an academic mentor
- Special workshops and seminars
- Extended library privileges and designated for study space