LTC supports both Staff and Students with the following activities at UOW;
- Academic literacies support
- Peer Learning including PASS program
- Continuing Professional Development for Academics (including Peer Review of teaching)
- Innovative Educational design
- Recognition of Teaching Excellence Awards
- Supporting Grant applications
- Strategic course design and support
- Technology Enhanced Learning development and support - TEL Strategy
- Production for projects and online course development
To achieve these activities we have a number of specialist areas and teams to support each Faculty.
Please contact LTC if you require assistance with any of these activities.
LTC aligns specifically with Goal 2 of the University Strategies:
Learning & The Student Experience - Deliver student-centred, challenging programs to the highest standards in a technology-rich learning environment that attracts high quality students and develops all students for their graduate roles in society and the global workplace.
To meet Goal 2 during this year, the focus for LTC will be on:
- Curriculum Transformation - establishing UOW Curriculum Themes and Guiding Principles to lead curriculum transformation
- English Language Policy and Practice - reviewing and enhancing how to meet student academic skill development
- Technology Enhanced Learning - ongoing support of pervasive e-learning platform use and development of UOW Open Learning Strategy
- Continued Professional Development - examining how to support all teaching staff including sessional staff in their ongoing academic development