National Teaching & Learning Citations
The Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic), Professor Joe Chicharo, congratulates Mr Roy Brown (Faculty of Science, Medicine and Health) and Dr Belinda Gibbons (Faculty of Business) on receiving National Citations for Outstanding Contributions to Student Learning as part of the 2016 Australian Awards for University Teaching.
- Mr Brown has been awarded a citation for leadership in the development and implementation of the Nursing Competency Assessment Schedule (NCAS), which enhances student learning and assessment in clinical practice.
- Dr Gibbons was recognised for pioneering the design, development and implementation of an interdisciplinary experiential learning environment, as a means of embedding responsible decision-making in business higher education.
National Citations are awarded to those who have made a significant contribution to the quality of student learning in a specific area of responsibility over a sustained period. They recognise the diverse contributions made by individuals and teams to the quality of student learning in the Higher Education sector.
DVC(A) comprises the following Portfolio Areas:
- Academic Quality & Standards
- Graduate Career Development & Employability
- Learning, Teaching & Curriculum
- Library Services
- Regional Campuses & Student Diversity
- Student Services & Education Analytics
- Woolyungah Indigenous Centre