Campus East is located in the beach-side suburb of Fairy Meadow, a 10 minute drive north of the main University of Wollongong campus. The Residence setting is comfortably spread across large grounds including a number of playing fields. Conveniently, Campus East is only a 5 minute walk to Fairy Meadow swim and surf beach, as well as local shopping, and eating outlets. Campus East is the largest of the University's residences, housing 615 residents in flexi-catered and self-catered accommodation. Students come from Australia and all over the world creating a supportive and fun community that is rich in diversity.
At Campus East we aim to develop and foster a sense of pride and inspire passion for our college. We do this by:
- Obtaining Level 1 accreditation with UniCAN
- Promoting a sense of community that encourages diversity, respect and consideration
- Creating an atmosphere where unity and equality are embraced
- Valuing and encouraging a balanced and healthy lifestyle
- Providing a safe and supportive, living and learning environment that allow students to realise their academic ability and potential within a responsible social setting, which enables:
- Personal growth
- Formation of a diverse network of healthy and respectful friendships.