Application Forms For Future Students
- Future Student On-line Scholarship Application Opens July 2013
- Applicant Requirements & Guidelines for Future Students
- Interview Guidelines
- Carer not in receipt of Centrelink - Supporting Equity Form
- Parent not in receipt of Parenting Payment - Supporting Equity Form
Please enure that your application includes only the required documentation and that you are familiar with the criteria for assessment of each Scholarship category you have applied for:
What you need before you start
Applicants will be required to complete the Future Student On-line Scholarship Application. To assist in completing the application applicants are advised to have the following documents available:-
- University Admissions Centre (UAC) Number
- If you are a current HSC applicant copies of your Year 12 half-yearly exam marks and if available your Trail Results.
- If you completed your HSC prior to 2012, a copy of your HSC subject results and ATAR.
- If you are applying as a non HSC applicant copies of your most recent academic transcript from TAFE, College or other study.
- Your top three UOW degree preferences
- Centrelink Reference Number (if applying for an equity type scholarship)
- Parental Family Tax Benefit statements (if applying for an equity type scholarship)
- 2011/12 Tax assessments and recent payslips if you have been employed or will be supported by your parents/spouse/partner. (if applying for equity type scholarship)
- CV or Resume
- Valid contact detials - we will contact you late in 2012 or early 2013. Don't use a school email address unless you're sure you will be able to access it after the end of school.
Please ensure that you have ticked the boxes listed under 'Optional Scholarships' that you wish to be considered for as part of your on-line application.
The following options are all equity based scholarships, if you select either one or all of these as part of your application you will be directed to complete additional equity questions:-
- Learning Development
- UOW Equity
- Mature Age
- General Residential
National Australia Bank (NAB) Sports Scholarship Applications
Please ensure that you have ticked the box pertaining to NAB Sports Scholarships on your UOW Scholarship Application Form, and up-load required documents to the following items:
- Indicate your area of sporting excellence
- Indicate your recent experience (eg position, team, competition level)
- Details of Regional, State or National representation
- Outline how you can contribute to the standard of sport on campus
- Attach a nominal sporting program for 2012 and 2013, eg State Championships, Coaching Camps etc
- Provide the contact details of two people who can verify your sporting standard.
These responses are for NAB Sports scholarships only and should be sent as an attachment to your scholarship application as described above.
Conditions and criteria apply to each of the advertised scholarships. General criteria that apply to each scholarship is listed below, additional scholarship criteria specific to a particular scholarship will be detailed within the scholarship advertising.
It is important to remember that an offer of UOW scholarship is conditional on the basis that you receive an offer to study at UOW. If you are offered any UOW scholarships, you will need to ensure that your preferences are such that you will be offered a position in your desired UOW program. This may mean that you will have to change your UAC preferences so that your desired UOW course is your highest eligible preference.
Scholarships for currently enrolled students will be advertised throughout the academic year via students emails, flyers, digital signage and on the scholarship website.
The following criteria apply to all Future Student UOW Undergraduate Scholarships for 2012:
- Commencing study in 2013 as a first year (no previous enrolment at UOW) full-time undergraduate student at UOW (unless advised otherwise).
- Australian Citizen or Australian Permanent Resident or holder of an Australian Humanitarian Visa (unless advised otherwise).
- There are additional criteria for each scholarship, please ensure you have read each scholarship's criteria carefully so that your application is properly completed.
After the closing date, applications are reviewed by a selection committee. Where necessary, interviews of short-listed applicants will take place at the appropriate UOW Campus or Education Centre during the period November 2012 to December 2012. Candidates required for interview will be contacted regarding scholarship interview details.
If you are selected for an interview it is important to prepare by reading over the scholarship criteria. An 'Interview FAQ' sheet will be made available to all interview applicants. You should also be able to talk about what interests you about the particular course or courses you are applying for; where you hope your course will lead you; and how your previous experience will help you to make a contribution to the UOW community. Applicants coming on campus for an interview should treat the scholarship interview like a job interview, and are encouraged to be on time and dress appropriately.
If you have certificates or any other documentation that was not included in your application, you are more than welcome to bring these along to the interview.
You may be invited to attend more than one interview, and we encourage you to go to them all.
|Faculty of Arts||The Faculty of Arts Interviews will be conducted in December 2012. You will be contacted regarding interview details. Applicants applying for a Faculty of Arts administered Dean's Scholar degree as well as a faculty of Arts Undergraduate Scholarship will be interviewed for both at the same interview ie applicants will only attend one interview.|
|Faculty of Commerce||The Faculty of Commerce Interviews will be conducted after the release of ATAR up until 18 December 2012. Successful applicants will be contacted regarding interview details.|
|Faculty of Creative Arts||The Faculty of Creative Arts will not conduct interviews, selection will be based on scholarship application, results in relevant subjects and ATAR results after the release of the 2012 ATAR. Bachelor of Performance applicants must also be sucessful in their interview/audition.|
|Faculty of Education||The Faculty of Education will be conducting Interviews between 26 November 2012 and 7 December 2012. Successful applicants will be contacted regarding interview details.|
|Faculty of Engineering||The Faculty of Engineering interviews will be conducted in conjunction with Selective Entry. Final selection, based on Scholarship application and ATAR will be made after the release of the 2012 ATAR.|
|Faculty of Health and Behavioural Science||The Faculty of Health and Behavioural Science Interviews will be conducted after the release of ATAR up until 18 December 2012. Successful applicants will be contacted regarding interview details.|
|Faculty of Informatics||The Faculty of Informatics will not conduct interviews, selection will be based on scholarship application and ATAR results after the release of the 2012 ATAR.|
|Faculty of Law||The Faculty of Law will conduct interviews after the release of ATAR up until 18 December 2012. Successful applicants will be contacted regarding interview details.|
|Faculty of Science||The Faculty of Science will conduct interviews in conjunction with Selective Entry. Final selection, based on Scholarship Application and ATAR will be made after the release of the 2012 ATAR.|