Zonta Club of Wollongong Community Scholarship
Founded in 1919, Zonta International is a global organisation of executives and professionals working together to advance the status of women worldwide through service and advocacy. With more than 30,000 members belonging to more than 1,200 Zonta Clubs in 63 countries and geographic areas, Zontians all over the world volunteer their time, talents and support to local and international service projects, as well as scholarship programs aimed at fulfilling Zonta's mission and objectives.
The Zonta Club of Wollongong will provide a female undergraduate student with $6000 over a period of 3 years, towards the costs of her studies at the University of Wollongong. This scholarship aims to assist a first year female who may be experiencing financial difficulties.
|Duration:||Three (3) Years|
|Level of Enrolment:||First Year student in 2014|
|Number of Scholarships:||One (1)|
|Year of Scholarship:||Spring Session 2014|
|Target Group:||Current Students|
- Successful applicant must be enrolled full time in an undergraduate degree at the University of Wollongong
- Applicants must be enrolled in their first year of any undergraduate degree at the University of Wollongong
- Successful applicant must have achieved and maintained a credit average (Weighted Average Mark 65+)
- Applicants must be female, in line with the eligibility criteria for the Zonta Club of Wollongong
- The successful applicant will be expected to attend a Zonta meeting at least once a year to provide feedback about her performance.
- Applicants must originate from the Illawarra region
- Applicants must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- A completed Current Student Application Form
- A brief cover letter, resume and outline of community involvement
- A photocopy of your academic records
- A one page outline of how the scholarship will assist you in your career ambitions.
- Please submit your application package single sided and unstapled.
- For information about the University’s Privacy Act please visit http://www.uow.edu.au/about/privacy