Veolia Mulwaree Trust Community Equity Scholarship
The Veolia Mulwaree Trust was established in 2003 to manage and distribute funds for charitable purposes and worthwhile community projects to benefit communities within or surrounding the former Mulwaree Shire Council area. The Trust’s funding is provided by Veolia Environmental Services which operates the Woodlawn Bioreactor near Tarago in Southern NSW.
In 2016 the Trust would generously like to support two (2) students in need from the University of Wollongong who completed their HSC or equivalent in, or reside in, any one of the seven Local Government Areas (LGA) it services, including the Goulburn Mulwaree, Palerang Shoalhaven City, Oberon, Wingecarribee Shire, Upper Lachlan Shire and Wollondilly Shire Council areas.
|Duration:||One (1) year|
|Level of Enrolment:||Open|
|Number of Scholarships:||Two (2)|
|Year of Scholarship:||Autumn Session 2016|
|Target Group:||Current Students|
- Enrolled as a full-time student in any undergraduate degree at the University of Wollongong.
- Must have a demonstrated need such as financial and/or social disadvantage. Equity criteria include but are not restricted to: low income, family background, living in rural or isolated region, permanent disability, recently migrated from a non-English speaking background, Indigenous Australians.
- Have either completed their secondary schooling in the geographical area covered by the Veolia Mulwaree Trust or have been long term residents. This includes the Goulburn Mulwaree Council, Palerang Council, Shoalhaven City Council, Oberon Council, Wingecarribee Shire Council, Upper Lachlan Shire Council and Wollondilly Shire Council.
- Show an affinity with the Veolia Mulwaree Trust region, through significant community involvement and participation in the business community through work experience, placement or internship.
- Applicants must be Australian citizens or permanent residents of Australia.
- A completed Current Student Application Form
- A brief cover letter, resume and outline of community involvement
- A photocopy of your academic records
- A one page outline of how the scholarship will assist you in your career ambitions.
- Provide a brief statement outlining your interest in the scholarship, specifically making mention of undertaking work placements, internships, volunteer work etc as part of their study in the region.
- Applicants must complete a Equity Questionnaire
- Please submit your application package single sided and unstapled, or via email to email@example.com
- For information about the University’s Privacy Act please visit http://www.uow.edu.au/about/privacy
Applications Close: 22 APRIL 2016