Awards and Rankings
We are, and always have been, about academic excellence.
At UOW, we’re proud to be among the best modern universities in the world. Throughout our 60-year history, we’ve built an international reputation for world-class research and exceptional teaching quality. In fact, 2013 was the sixth year in a row that employers ranked our graduates as some of the most career-ready in the world.
We’re in the top 2 per cent of universities world-wide and we’re aiming higher everyday.
Top 2% of universities in the world
- 276th in the world – QS World University Rankings 2013/2014
- 298th in the world – Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2013/2014
- 352nd in the world – Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) 2013
Globally ranked as one of Australia’s best modern universities
- 22nd in the world – QS Top 50 Under 50 Rankings 2014
- 43rd in the world – Times Higher Education Top 100 Under 50 Rankings 2013
Globally rated a five-star university
- 5 Star rating – QS World University Rankings 2012/2013
- For the fourteenth year in a row, the Good Universities guide (2014) awarded UOW five stars in:
- Getting a Job
- Graduating Starting Salaries
- Positive Graduate Outcomes
Top 100 in the world for global graduates
- 6th year in a row that employers have ranked our graduates in the top 100 universities in the world – QS World University Rankings Graduate Employers Survey 2013
Top 1% FOR RESEARCH QUALITY
- 186th in the world for research quality – 2013 Leiden Ranking
Top tier rankings in every discipline
- Top tier rankings in every discipline category – Australian Government's Learning and Teaching Performance Fund 2008
RECOGNISED FOR EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Winner of the national Education and Training Award at the Premier’s NSW Export Awards 2013.
Awards & Rankings
- Rank in the Top 2% of universities in the world.
- Globally ranked as one of Australia's best modern universities
- 5 Star Rating
- Top 100 in the world for global graduates
UOW at a Glance
- 30,038 students enrolled
- 11,631 international students
- 2,091 full time staff
- 9 campuses
- 19 research strengths
- 476 degrees