Awards and Rankings
We are, and always have been, about academic excellence.
At UOW, we’re proud to be among the best modern universities in the world. Throughout our 60-year history, we’ve built an international reputation for world-class research and exceptional teaching quality. In fact, employers have ranked our graduates as some of the most career-ready in the world for nine years in a row.
We’re in the top 2 per cent of universities world-wide and we’re aiming higher every day.
HIGHEST RATED UNIVERSITY IN AUSTRALIA
Along with other recent awards and rankings, the Quality Indicators for Learning and Teaching (QILT) has ranked UOW as the best overall university in Australia.
- Highest number of star ratings in the 2016 Good Universities Guide
- Highest percentage across the key 12 categories on QILT 2015
- Awarded the 2015 Australian Financial Review Higher Education Award for graduate employability
TOP 2% OF UNIVERSITIES IN THE WORLD
- 243rd in the world – QS World University Rankings 2015/2016
- 262nd in the world – Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) 2015
- 251-300 band – Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2015/2016
- 348th in the world – U.S. News Best Global Universities Ranking 2014
- 314th in the world for research quality – 2014 Leiden Ranking
GLOBALLY RANKED AS ONE OF THE WORLD'S BEST MODERN UNIVERSITIES
- 17th in the world – QS Top 50 Under 50 Rankings 2015
- 31st in the world – Times Higher Education Top 100 Under 50 Rankings 2015
GLOBALLY RATED A FIVE-STAR UNIVERSITY
- 5 Star rating – QS World University Rankings 2014
- 5 Star rating for the 15th year in a row in the 2016 Good Universities Guide for Student Retention, Getting a Full-Time Job and Teaching Quality within NSW.
RESEARCH EXCELLENCE – EXCELLENCE IN RESEARCH FOR AUSTRALIA 2012 (ERA)
- 90% of UOW Fields of Research assessed as delivering research at, above or well above world standard
- Ranked 10th in Australia for the number of Fields of Research conducting research above or well above world standard (The Australian newspaper analysis)
TOP 1% FOR GRADUATES AS RATED BY GLOBAL EMPLOYERS
- For the ninth year UOW is ranked in the top 1% of universities in the world in the QS World University Rankings Graduate Employers survey. This review rates institutions based on employers’ opinions of their graduates - QS World University Rankings 2015/2016
TOP 100 IN THE WORLD 2015 QS WORLD RANKINGS BY SUBJECT
- Materials Science
TOP 150 IN THE WORLD 2015 QS WORLD RANKINGS BY SUBJECT
- Engineering (Civil and Structural)
- Accounting and Finance
- Business and Management Studies
TOP 200 IN THE WORLD 2015 QS WORLD RANKINGS BY SUBJECT
- English Language and Literature
- Engineering (Mechanical, Aeronautical and Manufacturing)
- Communication and Media Studies
- Statistics and Operational Research
recognition of our INTERNATIONAL FOCUS
- Ranked 71st of the top 200 most international universities in the world - Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2015/2016
- Winner of the prestigious 2015 Hong Kong - Australia Business Association (NSW Chapter) Award, recognition of our contribution to the region through international education.
- Winner of a Business Excellence Award for Education and Training in the 2015 AustCham Westpac Australia-China Business Awards, recognising a long-term collaboration between the University of Wollongong and leading universities, research organisations and industry bodies in China.
Welcome to UOW
Welcome to the University of Wollongong, an institution ranking among the top 2% of universities in the world, with an enviable record in teaching and research. More »
The UOW Vision
To be a leader in ideas and solutions, a community of campuses and partners where discovery, learning and technology connect to transform people and the world we live in. More »
UOW at a Glance
- 31,464 students enrolled
- 12,811 international students
- 127,754 alumni
- 9 campuses
- 471 degrees