UOW Contract Register
The Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 (“GIPA Act”) requires UOW to maintain and publish certain details of all contracts to which UOW is a party, which have a value of $150,000 and over. This information is provided in the UOW Contracts Register. Any details of contracts of lesser value will be made available to any enquiries.
Access to the Contract Register
- UOW's Contract Register is now available
For more information on the UOW Contracts Register please contact our Manager, Information Compliance.
Details of research grants awarded to UOW can be found in our Research section
What is contained in the UOW Contract Register?
UOW’s Contract Register contains details about contracts that are:
- between an agency and a private sector;
- signed after 1 January 2007;
- for a value of $150,000 or more, and involve:
- the contractor undertaking a specific project such as construction, infrastructure or property development; or
- the contractor agreeing to provide specific good or services; or
the transfer or lease of real property.
For information on the impact on private sector entities, please click here.
What is not required in the UOW Contract Register?
UOW is not required to include employment contracts in the Register and does not have to publish the following confidential information relating to a contract:
- The commercial-in-confidence provisions of a contract;
- Details of any unsuccessful tender;
- Any matter that could reasonably be expected to affect public safety or security; or
- Any information where there is an overriding public interest against disclosure.
How long will the information be kept in the UOW Contract Register?
Information about the contracts must be included in the Register within 45 days of the contract becoming effective.
The information (including a copy of the contract if required) must be included in the Register for either 20 working days or until the obligations under the contract have been satisfied, whichever is the longer period.