CRLP200: Career Ready Learning & Practice
CRLP200: Career Ready Learning & Practice is a subject that empowers you to not only think about your future career but actually experience what it’s like through a professional placement or team-based professional consultancy experience.
Gaining work experience is critical in increasing your employability in the competitive job landscape. This makes it more important than ever to increase your confidence and undertake an elective to get you career ready.
Your professional experience will take place alongside subject delivery and you will manage your timetable with your industry host. CRLP200 is offered every session across several campuses.
Autumn: Wollongong, Bateman’s Bay, Bega, Shoalhaven, Southern Highlands
Spring: Wollongong, Southern Sydney
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
CRLP200 is ideal for students who:
- Are keen to develop employability skills that apply across all industries
- Would like an internship experience to complement their studies
- Develop and use career management tools to navigate employment transitions and make informed decisions about your career
- Learn to reflect on your work experience in order to understand your career knowledge, skills and how your experience helps you meet your career goals
- Want to learn to communicate professionally and effectively
- Learn how to articulate skills, knowledge and experience to align with an organisation’s culture, values and recruitment requirements
Eligible students should meet the following criteria:
- Either enrolled in a Bachelor's Degree that accepts elective subjects from the General Schedule OR has received permission from the faculty to do so.
- Have successfully completed three full sessions or 72 credit points
If you would like to discuss eligibility requirements please email email@example.com
If you are enrolled or ready to enrol, you must attend one compulsory placement preparation workshop the week before session week 1. The date and time of this session will be available along with your subject timetable.
For exact dates and times, please see the UOW subject timetable and search subject code CRLP200.
If you are interested and would like to learn more about the subject, come along to one of our information sessions where you can meet the Subject Coordinator and find out how this subject could work for you.
February 5, 12:30-1:30, Wollongong campus 19-1056 | Register here
February 20, 12:30-1:30, Wollongong campus 19-G016 | Register here
Students can enrol in this subject via SOLS.