Free Shuttle Buses
Travel has never been easier with free shuttle buses connecting you to the Wollongong Campus, Innovation Campus and everything on offer in Wollongong.
The University provides the North Gong (NG) and Gwynneville Keiraville (GK) Shuttles free for our students, staff and visitors to the campus. All five University buses are blue with the new University branding, so please ensure you read the destination sign at the front of the bus.
Grab a shuttle pocket guide to find out more about the free buses to get you around town. To ensure you have the latest timetables and information download the UOW Shuttle App on iPhone or Android, you can also track the location of some of the buses.
Currently running to the reduced timetable. From Friday 18th November 2016 until Monday 20th February 2017, the service will operate to the reduced timetable.
The NG Shuttle links the Wollongong Campus with North Wollongong Station and International House.
- Route 9 operates anti-clockwise around the Ring Road, and Route 9N runs directly between the station and Northfields Ave bus interchange.
- This service is scheduled to meet most trains arriving at North Wollongong Station.
- It operates weekdays from 7:30am to 10pm throughout session and exam periods, and on a reduced timetable at other times.
- The primary North Gong shuttle bus is wheelchair accessible.
- View the timetable and route map.
The Gwynneville-Keiraville (GK) Shuttle is currently not operating. The Shuttle will not operate from Friday 18th November 2016 until Monday 20th February 2017.
The GK Shuttle links the Wollongong Campus with Keiraville, Gwynneville, Wollongong CBD and Wollongong Station in clockwise (GK-c) and anticlockwise (GK-a) loops. This bus stops close to Weerona college, Keiraview and Marketview.
Services are on weekdays and during exam periods, and runs from 7:15am until 10:40pm.
A Transport for NSW public bus service. This service travels in clockwise and anticlockwise loops connecting UOW to the city, the beach, Innovation Campus and Fairy Meadow, it also connects to Campus East and Weerona Colleges.
- Every 10 minutes in both directions, 7am-6pm (Mon-Fri); every 20 minutes 6pm-10pm (Mon-Fri) and 8am-6pm (weekends).
- Operates all year round on weekdays, weekends and public holidays.
- All Gong Shuttles are wheelchair accessible.
- Check out the route map.