There are bike racks sufficient for nearly 1000 bicycles on the Wollongong Campus to ensure parking is convenient and safe. Bike racks are located outside nearly every building on campus.
Other campuses also have racks available. Please let us know if you think more bike racks are needed at any campus.
Bicycles must be parked at designated bike racks – not chained to railings, light posts, trees or buildings. Bikes not parked at designated racks may be impounded by Security.
Secure bike Parking and End of Trip Facilities
At the Wollongong Campus, there are six undercover Bike Bases where you can lock up your bike and have access to shower facilities, change rooms and toilets. Best of all, they're free to use for staff and students.
- SMART (Bld 6) - inside at the north western corner of the building - enter on the ground floor from the northern side.
- Sports Hub (Bld 9) - at the eastern end of the carpark under the building.
- Arts (Bld 19) - at the south-east corner of the building near the car park.
- Early Start (Bld 21) - under the building on the north eastern side - access via car park or internal stairs.
- IHMRI (Bld 32) - under the building at the southern side - access via the car park.
- Sciences Teaching Facility (Bld 43) - under the building - access via the ring road.
Showers are available at all locations. The showers at the Sports Hub are up one level at the western end of the building. At other locations they are in or nearby the Bike Base. Access cards are needed to get to those at Bld 19 and Bld 32.
For all locations excluding the Sports Hub, complete the application form. If you don't yet have a UOW access card, take the form to the UOW Post Office in the UniShop. Access cards are $20.
Applications for the Sports Hub Bike Base are also $20, but you need to apply at the Sports Hub reception to obtain an access fob.
Application Form for Bike Base
Short term lockers are available in the Sports Hub building near the showers. Contact URAC (02 4221 8133) for more information.
Long-lease lockers are available in the Arts and SMART Bike Bases. The cost is currently a $60 deposit plus $20 per year. Keys may be obtained by filling out the application form and taking it to the Post Office in the UniShop. Lockers are available on a first come first served basis. Please see the conditions of use on the back of the form.
Please note that while the University cannot accept responsibility for items lost or stolen from the lockups, there are security cctv cameras in place and card access to the rooms can be traced to the cardholder. UOW recommends that you lock up your bike and do not leave other valuables in the lockups. Please report any incidents immediately to UOW Security.