Bike racks sufficient for 800 bicycles span the Wollongong Campus to ensure parking is convenient, uncongested and safe. Other campuses also have racks available*.
Bicycles must be parked at designated bike racks – not chained to railings, light posts, trees or buildings. Bikes not parked at designated racks may be impounded.
* Please let us know if you think more bike racks are needed at any campus.
Secure Parking and End of Trip Facilities
At Wollongong, undercover bike lockups and shower facilities are available in 4 different locations on Campus.
- Bld 9 - Sports Hub - at the eastern end of the carpark under the building.
- Bld 19 - Arts - at the south-east corner of the building near the car park.
- Bld 32 - IHMRI - under the building at the southern side.
- Bld 6 - SMART - inside at the north western corner of the building - enter the ground floor from the northern side.
A UOW access card will give you 24-hour access to locked, monitored areas. Each location has showers available, and lockers are available in Buildings 6, 9, and 19.
These lock-ups are for use by students and staff. Conditions at each location are slightly different:
- Bld 9 - for an access fob, call into the URAC Sports Hub reception or call 4221 8133 - a $20 fee applies
- Blds 6,19 & 32 - for access, fill out the application form and get a UOW access card if you don't already have one ($20 at the Post Office in the Unishop)
- Showers are available at all 4 locations. The showers at the Sports Hub are up one level at the western end of the building. At other locations they are in or nearby the lockup. Access cards are needed to get to those at Bld 19 and Bld 32.
- Short term lockers are available in the Sports Hub building near the showers.
- Permanent lockers are available at Blds 6 & 9. The cost is currently a $60 deposit plus $20 per year. Keys may be obtained by filling out the application form and taking it to the Post Office in the UniShop. Lockers are available on a first come first served basis - see the conditions and rules on the back of the application form.
Please note that while the University cannot accept responsibility for items lost or stolen from the lockups, there are security cctv cameras in place and card access to the rooms can be traced to the cardholder. UOW recommends that you lock up your bike and do not leave other valuables in the lockups. Please report any incidents immediately to UOW Security.