Bike racks sufficient for 800 bicycles span the Wollongong Campus to ensure parking is convenient, uncongested and safe. Other campuses also have racks available*.
Bicycles must be parked at designated bike racks – not chained to railings, light posts, trees or buildings. Bikes not parked at designated racks may be impounded by Security.
* Please let us know if you think more bike racks are needed at any campus.
Secure Parking and End of Trip Facilities
At the Wollongong Campus, there are five undercover Bike Bases where you can lock up your bike and have access to shower facilities.
- Bld 6 - SMART - inside at the north western corner of the building - enter on the ground floor from the northern side.
- Bld 9 - Sports Hub - at the eastern end of the carpark under the building.
- Bld 19 - Arts - at the south-east corner of the building near the car park.
- Bld 21 - Early Start - under the building on the north eastern side - access via car park or internal stairs.
- Bld 32 - IHMRI - under the building at the southern side - access via the car park.
A UOW access card will give you 24-hour access to locked, monitored areas. Each location has showers available, and lockers are available in Buildings 6, 9, and 19.
Bike Bases are for student and staff use. Conditions at each location are slightly different:
- Bld 9 - for an access fob, visit the URAC Sports Hub reception or call 4221 8133 - a $20 fee applies
- Blds 6,19, 21 & 32 - for access, fill out the application form and get a UOW access card if you don't already have one ($20 at the Post Office in the Unishop)
- Showers are available at all five locations. The showers at the Sports Hub are up one level at the western end of the building. At other locations they are in or nearby the Bike Base. Access cards are needed to get to those at Bld 19 and Bld 32.
- Short term lockers are available in the Sports Hub building near the showers. Contact URAC.
- Long-lease lockers are available in B19 and B6. The cost is currently a $60 deposit plus $20 per year. Keys may be obtained by filling out the application form and taking it to the Post Office in the UniShop. Lockers are available on a first come first served basis - see the conditions of use on the back of the form.
Please note that while the University cannot accept responsibility for items lost or stolen from the lockups, there are security cctv cameras in place and card access to the rooms can be traced to the cardholder. UOW recommends that you lock up your bike and do not leave other valuables in the lockups. Please report any incidents immediately to UOW Security.