Big Ideas Festival 2015
UOW's newest professors shared their potentially world-changing research at the second Big Ideas Festival, attended by over 400 people, on Tuesday 25 August 2015. The festival, an initiative of UOW’s Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research and Innovation) Professor Judy Raper, saw 12 of the University's recently promoted and appointed professors sharing their research with the public and industry. Interactive research stalls, live music and networking drinks capped off two sessions of short 10-minute talks on a range of topics, from 3D printed edible robots to deciding when children are to blame for their actions.
- Videos: Watch the Big Ideas talks
- Big Ideas: Highlights Video
- Event Photos: Flickr Gallery
- Media Release: Festival of bright ideas sparks thirst for knowledge
- Media profiles: I am titanium | The dangerous idea of the digital native | The molecular machines of life under the magnifying glass | Green nuclear power
Prof. Robert Kapsa | Australian Institute for Innovative Materials
Tendrils of human thought from within a seaweed brain?
Prof. Antoine van Oijen | Faculty of Science, Medicine and Health
The molecular machines of life under the magnifying glass
Prof. Louise D'Arcens | Faculty of Law, Humanities and the Arts
'Getting medieval?" The middle ages in modern politics