The University Research Committee (URC) oversees research and research training at the University of Wollongong via strategic policy and management decisions taken within the URC and through the activities of its sub-committees and ensuring appropriate interaction on research issues, as well as the dissemination of information and advice to the Academic Senate.
The URC overseas a number of Operational Committees that deal with the implementation of research policies and procedures, including:
- Resource and Allocations Working Party (RAP)
- Thesis Examination Committee (TEC)
- University Ethics Policy Committee (UEPC)
- Research IT and Systems Committee (RITAS)
- Associate Deans (Research) and Faculty Research Committees (Terms of Reference )