Col Purcell Centenary Scholarship
The Illawarra Rugby League’s Centenary Celebrations of 2011 have resulted in the establishment of a scholarship to encourage current Illawarra Junior Rugby Players to pursue a tertiary education.
The scholarship has been named the Col Purcell Centenary Scholarship – in memory of a late life-member and highly respected Junior Rugby League administrator. Col’s deceased wife Billie was also a life-member of the Illawarra Junior Rugby League.
|Duration:||One (1) Year|
|Level of Enrolment:||First Year undergraduate|
|Number of Scholarships:||One (1)|
|Year of Scholarship:||2016|
|Target Group:||Future Students|
- The successful applicant must be enrolled full time in an undergraduate degree at the University of Wollongong.
- Applicants must have been playing Rugby League in any of the Illawarra Junior Rugby League competitions during their HSC year and are commencing their first year of an undergraduate degree at the University of Wollongong in 2016.
- The successful applicant will be encouraged to continue their affiliation with the Junior Rugby League club for the duration of their scholarship.
- The student is encouraged to attend biannual board meetings with the Junior Rugby League club to discuss their progress whilst on scholarship.
- Applicants must be an Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident or holder of an Australian Permanent Humanitarian Visa.
- The successful recipient must maintain a Credit Average for the duration of the scholarship.
- A brief cover letter, resume and outline of community involvement
- A photocopy of your academic records.
- A one page outline of how the scholarship will assist you in your career ambitions.
- For information about the University’s Privacy Act please visit http://www.uow.edu.au/about/privacy