Terms of Reference and Membership Provisions
Terms of Reference
The Community Engagement Committee is a formally constituted committee which is advisory to the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO).
The Community Engagement Committee shall:
- Advise on the development, monitoring and review of the University’s community engagement goals embedded in the University Strategic Plan;
- Advise on community engagement priorities and projects;
- Advise where appropriate on internal policies and practices relevant to community engagement activities;
- Facilitate effective community engagement links between faculties and professional units and enterprises;
- Facilitate effective community engagement links between the University and the external communities; and
- Inform the Community Investment Steering Group’s priorities and decisions.
The Community Engagement Committee shall consist of:
- Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) as Chair;
- Director, Advancement Division as Deputy Chair;
- Community Engagement Manager, Advancement Division
- Director, Innovation Campus
- Director, Graduate Career Development and Employability
- Director, Regional Campuses and Student Diversity
- Director, Research and Innovation Division
- Director, Innovation and Commercial Research (ICR)
- Director, Accommodation Services
- Director, Facilities Management
- Director, Library Services
- Executive Director Early Start & Pro Vice-Chancellor (Inclusion and Outreach)
- Chair of Academic Senate
- Manager, Centre for Student Engagement
- One representative from each of the five Faculties (five positions nominated by the Executive Dean)
Wherever possible, both genders should be represented on the Committee.
Wherever possible, membership of the committee will include Indigenous representation.
Unless otherwise provided, the term of office of all elected members shall be two years and appointed by the Chair.
Each member’s role on the CEC may extend to being involved in a working party or forum. These will be formed when needs arise to investigate an issue or topic in-detail and may require an additional face-to-face meeting or online mechanism.
Committee members wanting to take leave of absence during their term should seek the approval of the Committee. Any short term membership replacements will be a matter for the Chair and the Committee to determine.
The quorum for the committee meeting is defined as 50% of the membership, plus one.
Where attention is drawn to a loss of quorum, the meeting may be adjourned until such time as the Chair may determine.
The Committee will meet three times per year. Additional meetings may be called at the discretion of the Chair.
Committee members are required to be fully prepared for each meeting, having read the documentation in advance, and to make every reasonable effort to attend each meeting.
Support for the Committee is provide by the Advancement Division. Comments and questions about the Committee may be directed to: email@example.com or 02 4221 5010.