An Introduction to Fractals
This page contains material for the course: AMAT 2110
For some of the questions you will find it useful to have
This is not intended to be a definite compilation of web sites
relating to Fractals. However, you should find these sites
useful for the assignment questions and possible even interesting!
- Material aimed at school students.
The Fractal Geometry of the Mandelbrot Set.
- A Fractals Lesson.
- Mandelbrot and the Mandelbrot set.
Julia and Mandelbrot Set Generation.
Mandelbrot Set from MathWorld.
Mandelbrot Set Explorer.
The Mandlebrot set
9 nice images of the Mandlebot set as it is
magnified by a factor of five each time around the point
c = -0.7454265 + 0.1130090i.
Contours of the mind.
An exhibition of Sonic and Visual Art at the Australian National
University Drill Hall Gallery (23 June - 24 July 1994)
- Fractals --
Fractals in Nature.
- Fractal Clouds.
Generating Random Fractal Terrain.
- The Koch Curve
- Pages with links to other fractal sites
sci.nonlinear.faq (look at the bottom of the page for the
section `Fractal Sites')
Other Fractal Links.
- The Spanky
- Lecture Notes.
- 12 An Introduction to Fractals
- 12.1 The Mandelbrot Set and Self-Similarity
- 12.2 Making a Fractal: the Sierpinski Triangle
- 12.3 Making a Fractal: the Koch Snowflake
- 12.4 Applications of Fractals
- 12.5 Modelling
<< Return to my start page.
<< Return to my teaching home page.
Page Created: 13th May 2002.
Last Updated: 19th May 2002.