Welcome to Country
- A welcome to Country is a formal welcome onto Aboriginal Land given by an elder or person of that land.
- An Acknowledgement of Country is a statement of recognition of the traditional owners of that land.
- An Acknowledgement of Country can be given by any person, Indigenous Australian or non-Indigenous.
- The UOW Vision for Reconciliation
Related UOW guidelines and protocol
- If you are planning an event and require the appropriate wording for an Acknowledgement of Country or wish to have a Welcome to Country performed Woolyungah Indigenous Centre are able to liaise with local Elders and organisations on your behalf.
- Guidelines and Protocols for Welcome to Country, Acknowledgement of People and Country and Aboriginal Cultural Performances
- Please contact the Manager, Woolyungah Indigenous Centre
Building 30, University of Wollongong, Northfields Avenue, Wollongong NSW 2522.
Ph: (02) 4221 3776 | Fax: (02) 4221 4244 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org