Five reasons to study postgrad at UOW in 2023 

There’s never been a better time to advance your career 

Celebrating the New Year evokes a time of reflection and future planning.  


What better way to start the year than getting qualified with a world-class postgraduate degree from one of Australia’s best universities? See the top five reasons you should take the plunge and enroll in postgraduate study at the University of Wollongong (UOW) in the New Year.

1. UOW is one of the best 

Not only is the UOW one of the top 200 universities in the world (and tenth in Australia) UOW consistently scores five stars across a range of criteria for its postgraduate programs, including student support, learner engagement and skills developsment.  

In the 2021 QILT Survey, UOW was ranked the fifth best university overall in NSW and the ACT. 

2. Tailored to you 

UOW offers a range of different postgraduate study options. Choose from a range of coursework degrees, including master’s (up to two years full-time), graduate certificate (one year full-time), or graduate diploma (six months full-time), in anything from cyber security to education.  

Or you can challenge yourself to become an expert in your field with a research degree such as a PhD.

3. Enjoy a subsidised degree 

At UOW, many postgraduate degrees offer Commonwealth Supported Places (CSPs), so you can get your qualification at a discounted price.  

CSPs are available for eligible domestic students, where the Australian government will cover up to 75% of selected course fees. The remaining 25% can be deferred and repaid via a HECS-HELP loan. 

4. Study at your own pace, in your own place 

UOW offers flexible study options, including part-time or full-time loads as well as in-person or online classes.  

You can choose to study at UOW’s main campus in Wollongong, the Sydney campuses in Circular Quay, Liverpool or Loftus, or one of the regional campuses in Batemans Bay, Vega, Nowra or Moss Vale. 

5. Experience the essence of Wollongong 

If you do choose to study at the Wollongong campus, you’ll understand why Wollongong is such a sought-after student city.  

Close enough to Sydney to feel connected and small enough to feel like home, Wollongong is the perfect balance between the city and coastal lifestyles.  

The free shuttle bus between UOW, the CBD and inner suburbs means transport is easy. Plus, the cost of living is enviable compared to larger Australian cities.  

UOW also offers a range of accommodation and moving support services for you to move to Wollongong solo, with a partner, and even with family.  

 

Study a postraduate degree in 2023