English & writing
This discipline incorporates two major study areas – English Literatures and Creative Writing.
Studying English Literatures will get you thinking creatively about the English language. Students are introduced to a broad range of texts, novels, poetry, essays, short stories, film, diaries and letters from medieval times to the modern, with a strong international focus.
Creative Writing teaches skills and strategies so your writing is strong and clear, something that is becoming more and more important to the way we communicate with each other – particularly in the digital age. Students learn the foundation for editing, writing across borders, genre and form, contemporary theory and research practice and explore social justice and children's literature.
Undergraduate study options
- Bachelor of Arts (Creative Writing)
- Bachelor of Arts (Dean's Scholar)
- Bachelor of Arts (English Literatures)
- Bachelor of Arts (Writing and English Literatures)
- Bachelor of Creative Arts (Creative Writing)
- Bachelor of Creative Arts (Dean's Scholar)
Postgraduate study options
- Master of Philosophy (Arts)
- Master of Research (Social Sciences)
- Doctor of Philosophy Integrated (Arts)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Arts)