Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) Screening
Under the Department of Home Affairs' Simplified Student Visa Framework, prospective students need to satisfy the genuine temporary entrant (GTE) requirement as part of the student visa application process.
This means that prospective students applying for admission to the University of Wollongong (UOW) and UOW College Australia (UOWCA) may be required to undergo a GTE assessment in addition to meeting UOW's academic and English language requirements.
Prospective students who are required to undergo GTE assessment will now be assessed based on the provision of a completed Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) form along with the additional documentation outlined in this form with their application for admission.
Who needs to complete GTE assessment?
Prospective students from the following citizenships are required to undergo GTE assessment:
- Other countries deemed a risk level 3 by the Department of Home Affairs
Prospective students applying onshore in Australia are generally exempt from GTE assessment.
Please note that UOW and UOWCA may request a GTE assessment or additional documentation from a student at any time.
What information needs to be provided?
Prospective students are strongly recommended to provide the following documentation along with their application to UOWA and UOWCA for GTE assessment:
- A completed new Genuine Temporary Entrant form. Please ensure questions are answered comprehensively.
- Proof of financial capacity as detailed in the Genuine Temporary Entrant Form.
- Work experience letters where applicable.
- Visa refusal or cancellation documentation.
- Evidence of sufficient English language proficiency as required by UOW and the Department of Home Affairs (DoHA).