Community leader application
Community Leaders in UOW accommodation provide an important contribution to the residential community. The main purpose of the Community Leader is to act as a catalyst for positive social engagement by building positive relationships within their residence, creating engaged, connected and resilient communities. This is achieved by providing support and guidance, community engagement activities and a sense of belonging.
Community Leaders are supported in their role by various staff 24/7. New to UOW Accommodation in 2021 are the Community Assistant staff members who will also be there to support and guide residents outside office hours.
- Opportunities to make a positive difference to other residents, the community and yourself;
- Ability to create and affect a warm, welcoming and inclusive community where diverse students feel accepted and appreciated;
- Develop transferable and career-ready skills such as leadership, teamwork and collaboration, communication, conflict resolution, influencing & enabling others;
- Opportunities to learn and grow personally by enhancing your emotional self-knowledge and increasing your self-confidence, adaptability and flexibility;
- Receive a Rental Scholarship to the value of 40% for Community Leaders and 60% for Senior Community Leaders.
You will be working with a friendly, professional and supportive team who value wellbeing and building engaged and connected communities. The workload will vary throughout the session, with the start of year a particularly busy period, especially around check-in and orientation.
More detailed information on the expectations and requirements of the role can be found below.
At UOW, our purpose is to inspire a better future through education, research and partnership, promoting safe, respectful and socially inclusive communities where our common commitment to equity, diversity, reconciliation and human dignity is lived by all – What’s YOUR Purpose?
To help us understand your purpose, values and beliefs, you are to provide a short 2-3min video that communicates your:
- Values, passions and motivation for being a Community Leader;
- Vision for student residences;
- Capacity and experience working within a diverse team and/or how you have helped create a sense of belonging within a community.
How you express this is totally up to you. It could be in the form of a poem, series of pictures, testimonials from others, or you simply talking directly to the camera. Whatever it is and however it is presented, just make sure it addresses the above 3 points, is at least introduced by you (image and voice) and reflects the essence of who you are.
|12 October 2020||Recruitment opens|
|20 October 2020||Recruitment period closes at 11.59pm|
|21-23 October 2020||Shortlisting takes place|
|26-29 October 2020||Interviews are held|
|30 October 2020||Deliberations are finalised|
|2 November 2020||Candidates are notified of the outcome|
How to apply
Your 2-3min video and accompanied resume are to be submitted via the Apply Now button below in the following formats:
- Video: to be saved on a file sharing platform (e.g. google drive, dropbox etc.) with the relevant url link provided (please ensure you have set the sharing permissions);
- Resume: pdf file.
Once your application has been received, you will be sent a confirmation email, so ensure your email address and contact details are correct.
If you have everything ready to go