Please see the table below for a list of what IT services are available in your residence:
|UOW Wi-Fi||UOW Wired||UOW PC Lab|
Connecting other devices to the network
Most gaming consoles, smart devices and printers are not able to connect to the UOW network via Wi-Fi due to their inability to connect to Enterprise networks (i.e. they do not support WPA2 Enterprise).
You may be able to connect consoles and other devices via the network outlet in your room via an Ethernet cable. If the device is able to connect and retrieve an IP address (would look similar to the format 10.XX.XX.XX) you can border authenticate to connect the device to the network using the address below:
Please be aware, the ability to connect via a network outlet will vary with each device.
For help and support with IT services in residence, please refer to the links below.
- UOW Network Setup
- Residence Telephone Instructions
- Student Prepaid Printing & Copying
- IT Acceptable Use Policy
- Wired internet connection guide for Bangalay, Campus East, International House, Kooloobong 37, 73, 74, 75 and Weerona
(for and Marketview please see details at the bottom of this page)
Troubleshooting your internet connection
- Make sure you the network you are trying to connect to is called “UOW”
- The username and password it will ask for is your SOLS login details
- “Forget” the wireless network, reboot your device and try again
UOW Wired (Marketview)
- Please note that using Wi-Fi is preferable for most residents
- Make sure your Ethernet cable is plugged into port A (or the back of your phone)
- Download and install the BorderAuth app from https://apps.uow.edu.au/ (available for Windows 8, 10 and Mac) and enter your login details
- If you can’t download the app, visit the IMTS homepage, select “Border Auth” on the right and then fill in the form.
If you require further assistance with your in room internet connection after following the above steps, please contact the IMTS Service Desk.